Sunday, September 04, 2005

I WISH MY BROTHER JOHN WAS HERE

For twelve straight years, this weekend was spent in contemplation of the 9 financial opportunities available at the haunted Palace of Bing Crosby known as the Del Mar Racetrack, with the one man I know who has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. My brother John and I and our wives, somewhat reluctantly, would spend Labor Day Sunday conniving and planning and plotting. In reality, it was never about winning and losing. It was always about spending time with the most caring and generous person I've known that wasn't my father.







For the past two years, work schedules and the press of who knows what kinds of things have prevented this magical weekend from occuring. I still have the memories, which, God-willing, I hope I hold onto forever. I wish I had a magic wand. I'd wear it out on all the things I'd wish for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home