Thursday, September 01, 2005

GUILT ABOUT FUN

Bless me Father, for I have sinned.
I'm going to spend 2 days at Disneyland with the family, and I was, until this week, looking forward to hanging out around New Orleans Square and bopping around the "Pirates" and "Haunted Mansion" rides, maybe even going to the "Jazz Kitchen" in Downtown Disney. It doesn't feel right for some reason, almost feels heartless. Promises you make to your kids, though, who don't fully understand the magnitude of the tragedy - and who I selfishly hope never will have to experience anything like it first hand.

The pictures are frightening, and the stories are gut wrenching. And the kooks popping out of the woodwork, trying to label this as "God's will for pandering to homosexuals" is enough to set me over the edge. All these folks in devastation land need a line, and instead of bagging on each other, we all should be pulling on the rope together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home