Wednesday, June 07, 2006

ODE TO THE CHEESE SANDWICH REPUBLICANS


Dedicated to all of those who hated Civics, History and the rest of the Social Sciences. You know who you are - you can name every "American Idol" winner but you don't know the names of 5 of the 9 Supreme court Justices, or more than 5 of the original ten amendments of the Bill of Rights.




Once every two years
Like a bolt from the blue
Its ominous muzak
And sepia hued

Tales of evil
So horrid and rank
Abound on the TV
From pundits and cranks

Your candidate’s evil
Eats puppies, kills fish
Your party’s corrupted
And eats dirt from a dish

But look over here,
At my sandwich its grand
The bread may be moldy,
The cheese may be bland

But its wholesome its pleasing
Its comfort - here’s why
Cause its always the same
And I don’t have to pry

I love my Cheese Sandwich
Call it Bilbray or Duke
I’d order no other
The mere thought makes me puke

Thought? How could you?
Oh have you been drinking
Give me my cheese sandwich,
Its easier than thinking

Don’t ask me tough questions
I’ll tell you know lies
But with my Cheese Sandwich
There’ll be no surprise

No abnormal worries
No fluxes to boot
There’ll be no more changes
Just sameness, now scoot

And I won’t have to read
No issues to study
Just look for that Letter
And “poof” its my buddy

My dear old cheese Sandwich
it never goes stale
Except when indicted
And winds up in jail

But after feigned outrage
I’ll wise up and quick
And pick out a new one
My Cheese Sandwich Schtick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home